The Clubhouse Interiors CommitteeThis committee was initially formed as the "Blue Room" committee, and was approved by the Highlands HOA Board in June 2013 as a permanent committee of the Highlands community. A group of residents desired to update what was then known as the Blue Room, which now is our Great Room. After the completion of that project, we were asked to update other areas of the Clubhouse and at that time we evolved into the Clubhouse Interiors Committee.
The objective of the committee is to maintain a safe and senior-friendly environment in the clubhouse while keeping the décor updated. For all purchases/donations, the needs of a senior community are to be taken into consideration. ADA requirements are not required, but are to be considered. All soft furniture should have arms and firm cushions so as to facilitate ease of use by a senior community. Our chosen style is an eclectic look, some traditional, some contemporary.
We change our interior decorations specific to various holidays during the year. The committee and interested residents also decorate the entire interior of the clubhouse for the Christmas season.
Any decor item(s) purchased or donated or conversely anything requested to be removed regarding the décor in the clubhouse will be subject to approval or disapproval by the Committee.
Our major projects to date:
- The Great Room is updated and is a comfortable area to socialize.
- The interior of the building was painted, including trim, and color was used to accentuate the grand architecture of the building.
- Storage cabinets were installed in the present card room.
- New flooring has been installed throughout the building.
- We now have a remodeled kitchen.
- Electric fireplaces are present in three social rooms for added ambiance.
We meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 3pm. We keep it light with lots of laughter at our meetings.